Management – Diploma at level 3
This level 3 Diploma in Management is ideal for individuals looking to take their first step into line management and for those who already have some management responsibilities. This combined knowledge and competence based qualification will build and develop new skills to enhance their management career.
Benefits for individuals
- Develop your portfolio of essential management skills
- Take charge of your personal and professional development
- Get an in-depth understanding of what is expected of a manager
- Manage your team effectively
- Get a recognised qualification for your personal development
Benefits for employers
- First line managers with proven competence in the role
- A broad selection of optional units to tailor the qualification to suit your organisations’ learning and development needs
- Promote a culture of organisational learning and development
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- If you’re undertaking an Apprenticeship, you’ll also need to achieve Functional Skills Qualification in English, Maths and ICT at level 2. We will help you with this.
You’ll need to complete all five mandatory units, as outlined below.
- Manage Personal and Professional Development
- Manage Team Performance
- Principles of Leadership and Management
- Principles of People Management
- Principles of Business
Optional Units include:
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Manage Individuals’ Performance
- Manage Individuals’ Development in the Workplace
- Chair and Lead Meetings
- Manage Conflict in a Team
- Encourage Innovation
- Implement Change
- Participate in a Project
- Buddy a Colleague to Develop Their Skills
- Negotiate in a Business Environment
We’ll discuss all the Mandatory and Optional units with you before enrolment, and we’ll both decide which ones you take.
How will I be assessed?
We’ll come to your workplace once every four weeks to carry out assessments.
What progression routes are there?
If appropriate, the learner could progress on to the Level 4 Management apprenticeship.
What are the costings and how do I enrol?
To check eligibility, contact us on 01702 353557 or email [email protected] for more details.
Under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms of 2017, employers have to make a contribution to the cost of training . We’ll discuss and agree this before carrying out an Initial Assessment with each individual learner, which could lead to enrolment if this qualification is appropriate.
If you’re not eligible for government funding or decide the Apprenticeship route isn’t for you, you may be able to apply for the 19 Learning Loan for this qualification at level 3 — please ask us for details or click here for more information.
The Skills Funding Agency is a Co-Financing Organisation with a programme to tackle worklessness and workplace skills issues. To be able to draw down the ESF funds for projects, the skills funding agency needs to be able to fund an equal amount of similar activity from its other budgets – this is known as match funding. Your Apprenticeship may be match funded.