Health and Social Care Level 2
Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) Apprenticeship level 2
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
The Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Diploma at level 2 is for those working in a Health or Social Care setting. It is designed for all workers who support adults of any age, in any setting. No formal entry requirements are required, but you must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the qualification in the workplace. You will need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
What does the course comprise?
In order to achieve the full apprenticeship framework at level 2, learners in the social care sector must achieve:
· Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
· Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
· Functional Skills at level 1 in English and Maths
Candidates must complete 24 credits from mandatory knowledge and competency based units. The remaining credits are accumulated via one of three optional pathways:
· Adults with Learning Disabilities
What does the Level 2 Diploma comprise?
There are 9 core units:
· Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
· The role of the health and social care worker
· Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
· Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
· Handle information in health and social care settings
· Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
Optional Units you might choose include:
· Causes and spread of infection
· Introductory awareness of models of disability
· Approaches to enable rights and choices for individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks
How long will the course take to achieve?
The level 2 qualification will take around 12 months to complete.
How will the learner be assessed?
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation and work based activities.
What support is available?
Full support will be given, including one to one sessions or workshops with the assessor where appropriate, and contact with the assessor by e-mail or telephone. In addition, on-line portfolio building facilities are available.
What are the costs and how do I enrol?
To check eligibility, contact us on 01702 353557 or email [email protected] for more details.
Under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms of 2017, employers have to make a contribution to the cost of training . We’ll discuss and agree this before carrying out an Initial Assessment with each individual learner, which could lead to enrolment if this qualification is appropriate.