Team Leading Apprenticeship at level 2
The Team Leading Intermediate Apprenticeship has been developed to support those working as team leaders, section leaders, floor managers, help desk managers, trainee supervisors, team co-ordinators and those working in a range of other team leader positions. Tasks undertaken by apprentices will vary depending on the level and sector in which they are employed. Tasks may include planning, allocating and monitoring the work of the team, giving feedback, briefing teams, supporting team members, managing conflict, resolving problems, procuring supplies, project management, agreeing budgets and managing customer service.
To complete this qualification as an Apprentice, you’ll also need to achieve Functional Skills in English and Maths at level 1, which we will deliver if appropriate.
Benefits for individuals
- Take control of your personal development
- Engage and support your team
- Communicate clearly and confidently
- Build positive, productive relationships at work
- Gain a nationally recognised qualificaton
Benefits for employers
- Team leaders with proven ability to perform
- Team leaders who are competent to manage people and relationships
- Better communication and collaboration in teams
- Team leaders with the ability to self-manage
You’ll need to complete all 5 mandatory units, and we’ll agree with you which optional units you take.
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Communicate Work-Related Information
- Lead and Manage a Team
- Principles of Team Leading
- Understand Business
Optional Units include:
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Contribute to Meetings in a Business Environment
- Manage Team Performance
- Chair and Lead Meetings
- Manage Conflict in a Team
- Health and Safety Procedures in the Workplace
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Deliver Customer Service
- Resolve Customers’ Complaints
We’ll discuss all the Mandatory and Optional units with you before enrolment, and we’ll both decide which ones you take.
How will I be assessed?
We’ll come to your workplace once every four weeks to carry out assessments.
What progression routes are there?
If appropriate, the learner could progress on to the Level 3 Management apprenticeship.
What are the costings and how do I enrol?
To check eligibility, contact us on 01702 353557 or email [email protected] for more details.
Under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms of 2017, employers have to make a contribution to the cost of training . We’ll discuss and agree this before carrying out an Initial Assessment with each individual learner, which could lead to enrolment if this qualification is appropriate.
The Skills Funding Agency is a Co-Financing Organisation with a programme to tackle worklessness and workplace skills issues. To be able to draw down the ESF funds for projects, the skills funding agency needs to be able to fund an equal amount of similar activity from its other budgets – this is known as match funding. Your Apprenticeship may be match funded.