Health and Social Care Level 3
Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) Apprenticeship level 3
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
The Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Diploma at level 3 is for those working in a Health or Social Care setting. It is designed for all workers who support adults of any age, in any setting. No formal entry requirements are required, but you must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the level 3 qualification in the workplace. You will need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
What does the course comprise?
In order to achieve the full apprenticeship framework at level 3, learners in the social care sector must achieve:
· Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
· Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
· Key Skills at level 2 in Communication and Application of Number
Candidates must complete 28 credits from mandatory knowledge and competency based units. The remaining credits are accumulated via one of three optional pathways:
· Adults with Learning Disabilities
What does the Level 3 Diploma comprise?
There are 9 core units:
· Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
· The role of the health and social care worker
· Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
· Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
· Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings.
You also choose optional units that suit your career plans. Units you might choose include:
· Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia
· Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
· Enable rights and choices of individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks.
How long will the course take to achieve?
The level 3 qualification will take around 12-18 months to complete, depending on the learners skills level.
How will the learner be assessed?
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation and work based activities.
What support is available?
Full support will be given, including one to one sessions or workshops with the assessor where appropriate, and contact with the assessor by e-mail or telephone. In addition, on-line portfolio building facilities are available.Contact us for more details on the numbers below.
What are the costings and how do I enrol?
To check eligibility, contact us on 01702 353557 or email [email protected] for more details.
Under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms of 2017, employers have to make a contribution to the cost of training . We’ll discuss and agree this before carrying out an Initial Assessment with each individual learner, which could lead to enrolment if this qualification is appropriate.
If you’re not eligible for government funding or decide the Apprenticeship route isn’t for you, you may be able to apply for the 19 Learning Loan for this qualification at level 3 — please ask us for details or click here for more information.