Business and Administration Level 4 Certificate and Diploma
The City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Business and Administration meet the needs of candidates who are employed in a role with administrative management responsibilities.
They provide the candidate with the opportunity to gain the skills to develop and implement administrative services that can be applied to a wide range of businesses and organisations. The candidate will develop an understanding of management responsibilities and gain competencies in fulfilling these through a range of activities such as resource management, negotiating, agreeing budgets and promoting innovation and change.
The level 4 qualification
You will need to achieve the following mandatory units:
- Manage and be accountable for own performance in a business environment
- Evaluate and improve own performance in a business environment
- Support the purpose and values of an organisation
- Support sustainability in a business environment
- Assess, manage and monitor risk in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
Following is a list of some of the optional units. This will be discussed with your assessor/tutor before enrolment.
- Develop a presentation
- Support the design and development of an information system
- Monitor information systems
- Analyse and report data
- Order products and services
- Plan and organise an event
- Co-ordinate an event
- Plan and organise meetings
- Organise business travel or accommodation
- Deliver, monitor and evaluate customer service to external customers
How will I be assessed?
We’ll come to your workplace once every four weeks to carry out assessments.
What are the entry requirements?
You’ll need to be employed in an appropriate role for around 30 hours per week, with some responsibilities. It will be an advantage if you have completed the Business Administration level 3 qualification. Enrolment will be subject to our assessor agreeing that this is an appropriate and achievable qualification for you.
What are the Costings?
To check eligibility, contact us on 01702 353557 or email [email protected] for more details.
Under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reforms of 2017, employers have to make a contribution to the cost of training . We’ll discuss and agree this before carrying out an Initial Assessment with each individual learner, which could lead to enrolment if this qualification is appropriate.
If you’re not eligible for government funding or decide the Apprenticeship route isn’t for you, you may be able to apply for the 19 Learning Loan for this qualification at level 4 — please ask us for details or click here for more information.